Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Start of an Era

11/2/09
Thanks to Kring and Darth’s advice, I decided to try late night dailies of the Headless Horseman, and I was able to get the Hallowed Helm on my 2nd try. It was a good thing too, because I did it once halfway thru the week to get “Bring me the Head of….oh wait,” and didn’t get around to doing it again until the Friday before the event ended. Since I had gotten the Sinister Squashling pet as a drop from trick or treating the innkeepers, that got me all the achievements I needed for “The Hallowed” title.

Funnily enough, on Darrowmere, my other hunter Bloodshrike was able to get a title just yesterday. She finally nabbed the last 18+ female she needed for the “Shake your Bunnymaker” achievement to get “the Noble” title. Yeah, I’m a little behind the times, I know. It’s just hard to find females in Dalaran, since a lot of the high level armor makes it impossible to see faces. You have to basically inspect every toon of that race that you need, in the hopes of seeing bumps on their chests.
However, in addition to Bloodshrike #1 getting the title, I was able to get about 2-4 levels on each of my toons between the Hallow’s End Dailies and some of them going to get the candy bucket achievements.

Bloodshrike on Demonsoul actually leveled to 80 doing the daily in Brill, funnily enough. I was also able to get several toons on each server either the Squashling or the Hallowed Helm, which will make it easier on me next year, when I will hopefully have a lot more 80’s that I can kill the Headless Horseman with. At this point, I’m not worried about getting the mount from the HH, but it would be nice to have it SOMEWHERE on my account, even if it’s not on my main. And if I get 10-20-or 30 toons up to 80 by next year, that’ll give me tons more chances for it to drop each day.

Here’s the list of who got what from Hallow’s End.
Demon Soul:
Bloodshrike – Squashling and Helm (and Title)

Daggerspine:
Clockwrkmage-

Darrowmere:
Bloodshrike -

Still need to fill this in…….

5 comments:

  1. > It’s just hard to find females in Dalaran, since a lot of
    > the high level armor makes it impossible to see faces. You
    > have to basically inspect every toon of that race that you
    > need, in the hopes of seeing bumps on their chests.

    Don't tell me that you don't know Overachiever...

    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/overachiever.aspx


    But gratz on your achievements.

    And now... shouldn't you be hunting turkeys? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (forgot to enable e-mail follow-up)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but come noble/hallowed/pilgrim time next year you'll have to be working on 10/20/30 level 85's, not 80's.

    cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kring - Wow, that's really helpful! I haven't gotten many new mods lately, but that one is definitely cool. It's helped with the "All the creatures I've loved Before" already, though I haven't seen it point out any 18+ females in Dalaran, even when I have the achievement tracking and my bunch of flowers equipped.

    @Hokie - Once you get to 60, it seems to speed up the leveling process immensely. The main problem I'll have is getting all my main/alts to 58 or so. But, yes, definitely /cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've started using it after eastern so I cannot comment on that. But it does a ton of useful things for people after achievements.

    ReplyDelete